Well I just completed my first recycled project. Although I thought my mini me was going to be able to help me, she couldn’t suck it in enough to get the waist fastened.
This project started with a pair of cream capris that had been used to the full and a printed skirt that although I like the print I really didn’t like the fit. I’d been telling myself for years . . . and I do mean years . . . to get rid of them both, it’s a good thing they ended up in the Goodwill bags that made their way into the garage.
I decided to dye the cream a nice grey using Pantone’s 2015 color titanium and Ritdye color matching chart.
I haven’t really been able to get into the maxi trend, but I do like the high low look . . . I loved that look back in high school, and this is one trend that I’m glad to see come back around.
For the hem on both the skirt and lining I decided to work with a few features on my serger and machine. For the skirt I used the roll hem feature on my serger. I hadn’t used this in years so I had to pull out the instruction booklet.
And for the lining I used a hemmer foot that has to this point gotten very little use.
This skirt will probably get a workout this spring and summer.
Off to the next project!