In an attempt to find a nice piecce of jersey fabric for a spring top I took my regular stroll around Joann’s. Unable to find a color that “jumped out” at me I had an idea to dye a white piece of knit jersey fabric sitting in my ever growing stash. Although I didn’t end up with the original color on the Rit Dye Chart the color I did end up with turned out to be a very pretty spring purple. It reminds me of the Pantone Spring color African Violet (16-3520).
I used Simplicity 1916 for this project. I’m still learning to fit my larger than the average “B” size bust and so far it is coming along. In my determination to make sure the “girls” were properly fitted I did not follow the pattern directions and some how ended up with the gathers on the wrong side (I’m still trying to figure out how that happened). But to my surprise the “girls” were nicely placed within the top and with ample fabric cover them, but somewhere in making the alterations the sides of the top no longer drape as it should. I haven’t given up on the blouse because I love the color so I will make an attempt to redesign the top into something I will feel comfortable in wearing.
I still have a little work to do with the arm and breast area, but I’m hoping to get it together soon. I will keep you posted on my progress.