My Emerald Green Dress :-)

image

So this is the finished project. The pattern is a very easy Vogue. The fabric is a Ponte Knit from JoAnns. The fabric started out as white but in my attempt to dye it an emerald green it turned out this green color (the Rit Dye instructions said to use an evening blue but I used navy instead). I did realize there are several lessons learned in this project. 1) Some Very Easy Vogues are not very easy 🙂 2) Now that I know my bust cup size is not what I thought it was it is going to be very important for me to learn how to make the proper pattern adjustments in the bust area. 3) When choosing to dye my fabric make sure to dye all of the necessary pieces together so that I get a constant color. I am going to try this dress again in another color and with a few adjustments.

Advertisements
Categories: Uncategorized | Leave a comment

Post navigation

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Blog at WordPress.com.

Wear the Ducky Tie

A Sewing Blog

Sew sleep deprived

Lesley blogging about her sewing projects

Tulle and Tweed

Aficionado of fashion and all things stitchery

Buzy Day

The adventure of NikkiM

sewmanju

A British blogger writing about sewing clothes, pattern reviews and DIY fashion.

Allene's Sewing Year Challenge

Challenge . . . to sew my clothing for the next 12 months!

Shawnta Sews

Sewing, cooking, and fashion...all in a days work!

Sown Brooklyn

Making shit and talking shit. Since 1979

The WordPress.com Blog

The latest news on WordPress.com and the WordPress community.

%d bloggers like this: