Baseline???

image

image

I completed my first top. It was made from a New Look pattern I had in my stash. I ended up making several adjustments to the pattern. Instead of only having a facing I decided to line the whole top. I also added an exposed zipper in the back. Overall I think its a little rough and although it is wearable I really don’t see me wearing it often. My original thought was to keep it plain to compliment jewelry, but on second thought I will probably add a few emblishments. I will use this top as a baseline and in a few months compare it with another item.

Update: I’ve added a few pleats to the neckline and a couple of beads. I think I may get a little more wear out of it now.
image

Advertisements
Categories: Uncategorized | Leave a comment

Post navigation

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.

Wear the Ducky Tie

A Sewing Blog

Sew sleep deprived

Lesley blogging about her sewing projects

Tulle and Tweed

Aficionado of fashion and all things stitchery

Buzy Day

The adventure of NikkiM

sewmanju

A British blogger writing about sewing clothes, pattern reviews and DIY fashion.

Allene's Sewing Year Challenge

Challenge . . . to sew my clothing for the next 12 months!

Shawnta Sews

Sewing, cooking, and fashion...all in a days work!

Sown Brooklyn

Making shit and talking shit. Since 1979

The WordPress.com Blog

The latest news on WordPress.com and the WordPress community.

%d bloggers like this: